Whether you’re a healthcare professional seeking Continuing Education credits or someone passionate about taking control of your healthcare journey, this course is your essential guide. Delve into engaging modules led by expert instructors, featuring real-life case studies and the latest research. By joining us, you’ll gain the confidence to navigate the intricacies of Advance Care Planning and ensure your voice is heard when it matters most.
This course takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete and successful completion earns 2 CEUs for Minnesota-based professionals.
Introduction to Advanced Care Planning
As a result of completing this lesson, the learner will be able to:
- Engage in the Advance Care Planning (ACP) process
- Employ communication skills important to having an ACP conversation
- Describe the role and ideal attributes of a health care agent
- Differentiate between capacity and competency, and the implications of each in ACP
- Initiate discussions about future healthcare preferences/goals and CPR
- Discuss the differences between a health care directive and Provider Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) form
- Explain requirements for making a health care directive legal in Minnesota
- Apply strategies to transfer an individual’s healthcare goals and values to a written plan
- Locate ACP resources from trusted sources
Since 2007, Honoring Choices® has been leading the way in supporting, educating and advocating for Advance Care Planning. Our commitment to this important effort has allowed us to compile the most compelling, important and focused training to date.
Up to date
Driven by healthcare industries that are constantly innovating in fields related to ACP, every healthcare system is dealing with process and policy changes. Those changes can affect any level of decision-making and patient care. Our courses are created by long-time industry professionals who continually monitor and update the materials to keep them relevant.
We have several levels of membership depending on your needs. We offer free courses available to community members, as well as paid courses for healthcare professionals. Our curriculum is continually growing so check back often for updates.
Our ACP Introduction course offers 2 CEUs for healthcare professionals and we have more courses coming that are available for free to share with the community and to supplement your organizations community education efforts.
We have a network of organizations across the United States working together sharing resources, knowledge and best practices that we have leveraged to provide broad insight into the production of our Advance Care Planning courses. Each of our courses represents countless hours of work created by professionals with many years practicing and instructing in this field.
Join our growing network of learners as we provide you with the enrichment opportunities that your career, your health care system, and your community need!