We encourage you to take advantage of having loved ones gathered at the holidays to
Carve Out Time for the Conversation!
The holidays are a perfect time to start talking with your friends and family members.
When people are together, focused on relationships, gratitude, and love it's an opportunity to have meaningful conversations and heartfelt sharing about what matters most.
Then, ask questions, such as:
- What really makes life worth living?
- What memories do you have of people in your life "living right up until the end"?
- When you think of the future, who will be important in your life?
- What do you want to be sure your caregivers know about you?
- If you could no longer communicate, what messages do you want to still be heard?
Post flyers, share in Social Media, include in newsletters and announcements.
Post this downloadable flyer (email us if you'd like to customize it!)
Partner with local businesses (one community arranged for residents to get a
coupon for a turkey if they brought in a completed directive in November!)